Static & Dynamic Balancing Apparatus
Theory Of Machine Lab
Order Code 29001View/Download
This equipment is designed for carrying out the experiment for balancing a rotation mass system. The apparatus consists of a stainless steel shaft fixed in a rectangular frame. A set of four blocks with a clamping arrangement is provided. For static balancing, each block is individually clamped on shaft and its relative weight is found out using cord and container system in terms of number of steel balls. For dynamic balancing, a moment polygon is drawn using relative weights and angular and axial position of blocks is determined. The block are clamped on shaft is rotated by a motor to check dynamic balance of the system. The system is provided with angular and longitudinal
scales and is suspended with chains for dynamic balancing.
1. To balance the masses statically and dynamically of a single rotating mass system.
2. To observation of effect of unbalance in a rotating mass system.
Electricity 0.5 kW, 220 V, Single Phase
1. Drive Motor -FHP Motor, variable speed, with speed controller
2. Balancing Weight -4 Nos. of Stainless Steel with different sized eccentric Mass for varying unbalance
3. Rotating Shaft -Material Stainless Steel
4. The whole Set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted Structure