Fluid Mechanics Lab
Order Code 29201View/Download
The Set-up is designed to verify Reynold’s Apparatus experimentally. The Apparatus consists of a glass tube which one end having bell mouth entrance connected to a water tank. At the other end of the glass tube a cock is provided to vary the rate of flow. Flow rate of water can be measured with the help of Measuring Cylinder and Stop Watch, supplied with the set-up. A capillary tube is introduced centrally in the bell mouth. To this tube dye is fed from a small
container, placed at the top of Constant head Tank, through polythene tubing.
· To study different types of flow.
· To determine the Reynold’s Number and hence the type of floe either laminar or turbulent.
· Water Supply.
· Tube : Material Borosilicate Glass
· Dye Vessel : Material SS, Suitable Capacity
· Capillary Tube : Material Copper/Stainless Steel
· Constant Head Water Tank : Capacity 40 Liters.
· Water Circulation : FHP Pump
· Flow Measurement : Using Measuring Cylinder
· Sump Tank : Capacity 60 Liters.
· Stop Watch : Capacity 60 Liters. Electronic
· Control Panel Comprises of : Standard make, On/Off Switch, Mains Indicator, etc.
· The Whole set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted structure.