Pitot Static Tube Set-up
Fluid Mechanics Lab
Order Code 29209View/Download
A Pitot tube is used to measure the local velocity at a given point in the flow stress. A Pitot tube of standard design made of copper / SS is supplied and is fixed below Vernier scale. The Vernier scale is capable to measure the position of Pitot tube in transparent pipe section. The pipe has a flow control valve to regulate the flow. A U-tube manometer is provided to determine the velocity head. Present Set-up is self-contained water re-circulating unit, provided with a sump tank and a centrifugal pump etc. Flow control valve and by-pass valve are fitted in water line to conduct the experiment on different flow rates. Flow rate of water is measured with the help of measuring tank and stop watch.
· To find the point velocity at the center of a tube for different flow rates of water and calibrate the Pitot tube
· To plot velocity profile across the cross section of pipe
· Water Supply & Drain
· Electricity Supply: Single Phase, 220 VAC, 0.5 kW
· Pitot Tube : Material Copper/SS of compatible size fitted with Vernier Scale
· Test Section : Material Clear Acrylic, Compatible to 1” Dia. Pipe
· Water Circulation : FHP Pump, Crompton / Sharp make
· Flow Measurement : Using Measuring Tank, Capacity 40 Ltrs.
· Sump Tank : Capacity 70 Ltrs.
· Stop Watch : Electronic
· Control Panel : On / Off Switch, Mains Indicator etc.
· The whole Set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted Structure