Metacentric Height Apparatus
Fluid Mechanics Lab
Order Code 29208View/Download
A pontoon is allowed to float in a small tank having a transparent side. Removable steel strips placed in the model for the purpose of changing the weight of the model. Displacement of weight is measured with the help of a scale. By means of a pendulum (consisting of a weight suspended to a long pointer) the angle of tilt can be measured on a
For tilting the ship model, a cross bar with two movable hangers is fixed on the model. Pendulum and graduated arc
are suitably fixed at the center of the cross bar. A set of weights is supplied with the apparatus.
· Determination of the Metacentric height and position of the Metacentric height with angle of heel of ship
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION: -
· Pontoon : Size 300 x 150 mm (Approx.) with a Horizontal Guide Bar for aliding weight.
· Material : Stainless Steel Pontoon
· Water Tank : Size 600 x 400 x 400 mm (Approx.)
· Front Window of Tank : made of Glass/Perspex
· A set of weights is supplied with the apparatus.
· The whole Set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted Structure