Friction In Pipe Lines Apparatus
Fluid Mechanics Lab
Order Code 29205
The Set-up consists of a ½ bend and elbow, a sudden expansion & sudden contraction fitting from 15 mm to 25 mm, ball valve and gate valve. Pressure tapings are provided at inlet and outlet of these fittings under test. A differential manometer fitted in the line gives pressure loss of individual fitting. Present Set-up is self-contained water re-circulating unit, provided with a sump tank and a centrifugal pump etc. Flow control valve and by-pass valve are fitted in water line to conduct the experiment on different flow rates. Flow rate of water is measured with the help of
measuring tank and stop watch.
· To determine loss of head in the fitting at various water flow rates.
· To measure the loss co-efficient for the pipe fittings.
· Water Supply and Drain
· Electricity Supply: Single Phase, 220 V AC, 0.5 kW.
· Sudden Enlargement : From 15 mm to 25 mm
· Sudden Contraction : From 25 mm to 15 mm
· Bend : ½
· Elbow : ½
· Ball Valve : ½
· Gate Valve : ½
· Water Circulation : FHP Pump, Crompton / Sharp make
· Flow Measurement : Using Measuring Tank with Piezometer, Capacity 25 Ltrs.
· Sump Tank : Capacity 50 Ltrs.
· Stop Watch : Electronic
· Control Panel : On / Off Switch, Mains Indicator etc.
The whole Set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted Structure