Friction In Pipe Lines Apparatus
Fluid Mechanics Lab
Order Code 29206View/Download
The Set-up consists of 2 pipes of different diameters, which are connected in parallel. Pressure tapings are provided on each pipe to measure the pressure losses with the help of a Differential Manometer. Control valves are fitted on each pipe, which enables to use one pipe at a time for experiment. Present set-up is self-contained water re-circulating unit, provided with a sump tank and a centrifugal pump etc. Flow control valve and by-pass valve are fitted in water line to conduct the experiment on different flow rates. Flow rate of water is measured with the help of
measuring tank and stop watch.
· To determine the losses due to fiction in pipes
· To determine the friction factor for Darcy Weis back equation
· Water Supply & Drain
· Electricity Supply: Single Phase, 220 VAC, 0.5 kW
· Pipes (2 Nos.) : Material GI of ½ “ & 1” Diameter
· Pipe Test Section : Length 1 m
· Water Circulation : FHP Pump, Crompton / Sharp make
· Flow Measurement : Using Measuring Tank with Piezometer,Capacity 25 Ltrs.
· Sump Tank : Stainless Steel, Capacity 50 Ltrs.
· Stop Watch : Mechanical / Electronic
· Control Panel : On / Off Switch, Mains Indicator etc.
The whole Set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted Structure