Discharge Over Notches Apparatus
Fluid Mechanics Lab
Order Code 29203View/Download
The Lab setup consists of a channel having sufficient length and width in which water is supplied from the bottom. Required Notch is fitted at one end of this channel .A hook gauge with Vernier scale is fitted to measure the height of fluid in flow channel. Arrangement for fixing interchangeable notches is made. Set of three brass notches, i.e. rectangular notch. 60 V notch & 45 V notch provided along with the set up. Present set – up is self –contained water re- circulating unit .provided with a sump tank and a centrifugal pump etc. Flow control valve and by-pass value are fitted in water line to conduct the experiment on different flow rate .Flow rate of water is measured with the help of
measuring tank and stopwatch.
· To Determination Co-efficient of discharge (Cd) through
· V notch (45 deg. and 60 deg.)
· Rectangular Notch.
· Trapezoidal Notch
· Water Supply & Drain
· Electricity 0.5kw,220V AC, Single Phase
· Channel Test Section : Size 600x250x180 mm
· Notches : Material Brass(3 Nos)
1. Rectangular Notch
2. 45 deg. V Notch
3. 60 deg. V Notch
4. Trapezoidal Notch
· Hook / Pointer : With Vernier Scale
· Water Circulation : FHP Pump, Crompton/Sharp make.
· Flow Measurement : Using Measuring Tank with Piezometer, Cap.25 Ltrs.
· Sump Tank : Capacity 70 Liters.
· Stop Watch : Electronic
· Control Panel : On/Off Switches, Main Indicator etc.
· The whole Set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted Structure.